I ran into this issue earlier today while configuring my first XenDesktop setup using VMWare. To resolve this issue, you can do one of three things.
Option 1: Purchase an SSL certificate for your vCenter from a third party.
Option 2: Self-sign a certificate from your enterprise certificate authority.
Option 3: Trust the existing SSL certificate This option is by far the quickest and easiest. To do that, you can follow these steps:
- If you are logged in as a local administrator, open Internet Explorer and navigate to https://YOURVCENTERSERVERNAME/
- If you are not logged in as local administrator, or a user with sufficient permissions, it is very important that you SHIFT & Right-Click Internet Explorer, and run it as an Administrator, then navigate to https://YOURVCENTERSERVERNAME/
- You will get a warning screen that the SSL Certificate is not trusted, select Continue to this web site (not recommended).
- Click the Certificate error in the Security Status bar and select View Certificate.
- Click Install Certificate.
- When the Certificate Import Wizard launches, select Place All Certificates in the following store and click Browse.
- When the Select Certificate Store window comes up, make sure you select the check box for Show physical stores.
- Find and expand Trusted People, select Local Computer and click OK.
- It is important to note that if you don't see the Local Computer option under trusted People, you are not logged in with a user that has sufficient rights, therefore, you must run Internet Explorer as an Administrator.
- Click Finish to complete the certificate import process
- Click OK when you receive the import successful window
- Close your browser, re-open it again, and browse to your vCenter server using the FQDN. The browser should now trust your vCenter server and therefore you should not receive a certificate error. That is how you can verify if the process was successful. Make sure you test using the FQDN or it will not work.
- Repeat the above steps on the XenDesktop server as well. That way both machines trust the self-signed certificate.
- Configure the hosting infrastructure settings on the XenDesktop 5 controller to point to https://vCenterServer.domain.com/sdk